At Edge Hill State School we will educate leaders of the future in an environment that endeavours to challenge and support them and prepare them to be healthy, confident young Australians, living and working in a global society and economy.
Our strategic priorities
Our charter of excellence
Edge Hill State School believes challenge lead to personal growth - it provides motivation for positive change. Support helps to ensure successful adaptation to meet the challenge.
Challenge + Support = Growth
- Our teachers will challenge our students with high expectations while supporting them by developing meaningful relationships and providing for individual learning needs.
- Our curriculum will challenge students with high expectations whilst supporting their intrinsic motivation to learn with differentiated learning delivery.
- Our school will challenge students with high expectations for social and emotional learning while providing them with whole child support.
- Our school leaders will challenge teachers to improve preformance while supporting their professional growth.
- Our school will challenge students to become adaptable and flexible contemporary learners by supporting them with a rich and diverse digital pedagogy.
Our IPS charter
As an Independent Public School we will:
- Embrace the ideas of subsidiarity and participation embedded within the Independent Schools model and harness this principle to enhance the educational outcomes for our students.
- Nurture learning networks and partnerships that support and sustain excellence in practice.
- Pursue opportunities for innovation - in curriculum provision, pedagogy and professional practice, school resourcing and community engagement.